In FTK Core or Enterprise, when adding evidence to a case, you get the following error:
An unexpected error occurred adding evidence. Exception: CanAccessStateDirectory: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://servername:34097/ProcessingManager that could not accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.
This error occurs when you installed FTK Core/Enterprise on your application server, then your server’s computer name was renamed or changed afterwards.
- To verify this, go to the path and open the ftk.exe.config file: C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\7.6\bin
- Look for the entry called net.tcp://servername:34097
- You may see entries of the server's previous name and as a result, FTK is still associated to this name
Due to the numerous XML and config files that contain the server's computer name, FTK will have to be uninstalled, and re-installed.
- From Control Panel>Programs and Features, uninstall AccessData Forensic Tools 7.6
- Go to Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\7.6\bin and delete the contents of the bin folder (if using FTK Central, please make a backup of the file called ADG.WeblabSelfHost,exe.config)
- Restart your application server
- Install AccessData Forensic Tools
- Open FTK or FTK Examiner and verify you can add and process evidence in a case
7.6 - 7.6 SP1-SP3