You’re not able to start or stop service
- Open Services snap-in by running services.msc command
- Identify the dependency services for the service with which you’re facing the issue.
- Open Task Manager and switch to Services tab. Locate the service here with its Service name obtained from previous step.
- Note down its process ID (PID).
- Switch to the Details tab on Task Manager
- Search for the PID you got in previous step.
- Now you're able to locate the host which was carrying the problematic process.
- Select this host and hit End task button.
- A confirmation prompt immediately appeared to block/confirm us for this operation.
- Press the End process button then.
****This finally stopped the problematic process and we confirmed the same from Services tab.