How can I change the default port of the KFF instance after it already has been installed
Note: The port can be defined in the initial install wizard, but if you need to change it after installation follow the steps below:
Step 1: Locate the config file for KFF within the dedicated instance
- It is located here: C:\Program Files\AccessData\Cassandra\conf\cassandra.yaml
Step 2: Open the Yaml file and locate the relevant key/parameter
- The key is called: 'native_transport_port'
Step 3: Replace the default port 9042
- Put the desired port native_transport_port: 9042
- For security reasons, you should not expose this port to the internet. Firewall it if needed.
- Enabling native transport encryption in client_encryption_options allows you to either use encryption for the standard port or to use an extra port in addition to the unencrypted one.
Step 4: Restart Cassandra service
- You would need to restart Cassandra service for the change to take effect: