When attempting to initialize/create a database using DBConfig, you receive an error indicating that SQL Logins must have password policy enforced with CHECK_POLICY=ON.
- Run dbcontrol -cleanup to remove anything leftover from the failed creation attempt.
- In step 6 of Initializing a new database, do the following:
- Click the Lock next to Internal Authentication Mode.
- Select Database Authentication in the dropdown.
- Create a password that meets your password policy requirements.
- Check the Enforce Password Policy box.
The domain or server has a password policy, and MSSQL has a trigger to enforce that newly created Logins must follow that password policy.