How do I configure FTK Central to collect from Box?
- FTK Central 7.5.2 or newer
- Installed and configured Exterro Connector Service FTK/FTKC 7.5.2+ : Exterro Connector Service [Box and EV]
Create a Box Application
Login to Box developer site and navigate to the Console page.
Click ‘Create New App’ in ‘My apps’ section.
Choose ‘Custom App’ and click ‘Next’.
Choose ‘Server Authentication (with JWT)’ in ‘Authentication Method’ page.
Enter a unique ‘App name’ for reference and save it.
Copy the ‘Client ID’ and ‘Client Secret’ in OAuth 2.0 Credentials section which is to be configured in the Box Data source.
Under ‘App access level’, choose ‘Enterprise’.
Under ‘Application Scopes’, choose the below scopes:
Read and write all files and folders stored in Box.
Manage enterprise properties.
Manage retention policies.
In the ‘Advanced Features’, enable the below features:
Make API calls using the as-user header.
Generate user access tokens.
Click ‘Save changes’.
Click ‘Generate a Public/Private Keypair’.
The MFA screen is displayed.
Provide the MFA code.
Again, click ‘Generate a Public/Private Keypair’.
Remove all the escape characters from the downloaded JSON by navigating to https://www.freeformatter.com/json-escape.html, pasting the full contents of the JSON file in the box provided, and clicking "UNESCAPE".
Save the full "Unescaped string" output for future reference.
Back in the Box portal, navigate to the ‘Authorisation’ tab and click on ‘Review and submit’.
Login to the Admin Console.
Navigate to ‘Enterprise settings.
Navigate to ‘Custom Apps Manager’.
Under ‘Server Authentication Apps’, click on across the created app.
Click on ‘Authorize App’.
Check the permissions required and click ‘Authorize’.
Configure FTK Central
Login to FTK Central.
Navigate to ‘Data Sources’.
Select ‘Box’ from the data sources list.
Click ‘Add Box’.
The ‘Add Box Details’ pop-up is displayed.
Provide the below Box details:
- Box Name: Provide a friendly name for the Box data source.
- Admin User Name: Provide the BOX administrator email address.
- Client ID: Provide the ‘clientID’ value generated before.
- Client Secret: Provide the ‘clientSecret’ value generated before.
- Public Key ID: Provide the ‘publicKeyID’ generated before.
- Private Key: Provide the ‘privateKey’ generated before. This should include the "-----BEGIN ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY-----" and "-----END ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY-----" messages, as shown below.
- Private Key Password: Provide the ‘passphrase’ value generated before.