Improving the performance of re-indexing jobs
Re-indexing jobs are hardware intensive and should users seek to review cases while this job type is running, they may face performance issues. Using the configuration below can eliminate these issues during peak usage by specifying the dates and times these jobs can run.
- RunReIndexJobsDayOfWeek – This key allows users to set a specific day in which re-indexing jobs should be run.
- RunReIndexJobsTimesOfDay – This key allows users to set a specific time in which re-indexing jobs should be run.
- ReIndexingWaitTimeInMinutes - This key allows users to set a specific time (delay) in which re-indexing jobs should begin.
- RunReIndexJobs - This key allows users to set the web service on specific systems to run re-indexing jobs or not.
How to configure these keys?
The keys required for configuration are available in FTKC 7.5.2, and 7.6. They are located in the ADGWeblabSelfHost.exe.config file located in C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\x.x\bin.
0 = Sunday
1 = Monday
2 = Tuesday
3 = Wednesday
4 = Thursday
5 = Friday
6 = Saturday
<add key=” RunReIndexJobsDayOfWeek” value=”0,6” />
This example would run reindexing jobs only on Saturday and Sunday.
|If RunReindexJobs is set as true and both RunIndexJobsDaysOfWeek & RunReIndexJobsTimesOfDay have no configurations set, they will be automatically populated like below:|
<add key=” RunReIndexJobsDayOfWeek” value=”0,1,2,3,4,5,6” />
<add key=” RunReIndexJobsTimesOfDay” value=”23~3” />
Use the tilde (~) symbol as your between operator.
The values are based on 24-hour timing. E.g. 11=11AM, 21=9PM
<add key=” RunReIndexJobsTimesOfDay” value=”23~6” />
This example would run reindexing jobs only at 11PM to 6AM.
|RunReIndexJobs||True = Will run re-indexing jobs.|
False = Will not run re-indexing jobs.
|<add key=” RunReindexingJobs” value=”True” />|
This example would allow re-indexing jobs to be run on this web service.
|ReIndexingWaitTimeInMinutes||1 = 1 Minutes|
2 = 2 Minutes
The value represents the time in minutes; when the re-indexing jobs will begin.
<add key=” ReIndexingWaitTimesInMinutes” value=”24” />This example would run reindexing jobs after 24 minutes of the job being run.
This configuration doesn’t work?
- Ensure the Exterro service has been restarted.
- Ensure the config file has been saved.
- Ensure the syntax is correct.
- Ensure the version you are testing this on is 7.5.2 or 7.6.