User trying to pull data from a MAC user can connect and see files but when trying to export data an error appears cannot connect to server in the job monitor.
- Mac agent collections show complete but no data is pulled
- Job Monitor window either does not display or show unable to connect to server
1.Confirm where the quinc/exterro service is running from by checking the highligted value in Preferences.
2. Make sure all host values in the following three files are the same:
NOTE: if using Enterprise 7.4 use Qview config. If using 7.5+ use FTKPlus.exe.config instead
- C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\<version>\bin\Qview\JobMonitor.exe.config file
Key is "QuincServerURL"
- C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\<version>\bin\FTKPlus\FTKPlus.exe.config
Key is "QuincServerUrl"
- Look in C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\<version>\bin\ADG.WebLabSelfHost.exe.config file
Make sure the key "https" is marked "true"
3. Temp path needs to be accessible by all machines in the environment
4. Restart the the Exterro service for changes to be reflected.
- NOTE: pay attention to port i.e 443 or 4443 (of course could be configured differently on customers system)
- Pay attention to protocol http or https
When the Job Monitor fails to load it usually is a mismatch in the config. That is why the case list (Select Case) is not automatically populated with the case (this is greyed out by default anyway but should show the active case name).