How can I use the Geolocation functionality on a system without access to the internet (offline)?
- Download the offline maps from here
- Install the KFF and Geolocation
- Extract the offline maps to a location that can be accessed from your FTK-based
- Open your FTK-based application
- From the "Tools" menu, click "Preferences"
- Check the box "Use static map data"
- Browse to, and select, the "Offline Maps" folder you extracted in step 1
- Click "OK" in the Preferences dialog
- On the server running "AccessData MAP", extract the offline maps to the MAP installation folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\MAP") such that the extracted maps are in "[path]\MAP\Offline Maps"
- Navigate to the MAP installation folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\MAP")
- Open Web.config in a text editor
- Find the "OfflineGeoMapRelativePath" key
- Change the "value" of that key to "\Offline Maps\"
- Save your changes and recycle the services
This can be useful for systems that do not have access to the internet to avoid inherent "online" issues.