- Ensure the proper drivers have been installed.
- For GSM "dumb" devices, make sure a SIM is inserted (use a forensic SIM, if possible, but do *not* use a foreign SIM).
- Power on and unlock the device.
- Connect the device to the PC using the appropriate cable.
- Ensure the device is in the proper mode (almost always *not* “Mass Storage” mode).
- Confirm that Windows can see the device properly (usually by looking under "Modems" or “Ports” in Device Manager).
- Launch MPE+ and click the "Select Device" button on the Main toolbar in MPE+.
- Select the appropriate Manufacturer and Model from the dropdowns.
- Click "Connect" and proceed to acquire the data you want.
What is the general process for acquiring data from a phone? Print
Modified on: Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 10:16 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.