Backing up or archiving a case in FTK fails. There can be several causes for backing up and archiving cases to fail. This will cover some possible causes and things to look at.
- Ensure the backup/archive destination has plenty to free space.
- Set the database service to run under a Windows account with full access to the backup/archive destination.
- Make sure you're running FTK from a Windows account with full access to the backup/archive destination.
- If the destination is on a network share, make sure you're using UNC paths
- Check for any specific errors at "%ProgramData%\AccessData\Products\Forensic Toolkit\\FTK_log.txt".
- If backing up and archiving works with all cases but one, that case may be corrupt. Try using DBControl to validate and fix the case.
- The backup/archive destination disk space is full
- The database doesn't have write-access to the backup/archive destination
- FTK doesn't have write-access to the backup/archive destination
- The case is corrupt