When attempting to process or export evidence, you receive the error messages “Failed to initialize progress tracking”, “Unable to connect to the database”, or "Invalid Username/password 0".
- Cancel the job that resulted in the errors
- Close FTK
- Open Task Manager
- Under the Processes tab, end ProcessingHost.exe and (if present) ADProcessor.exe
- Make sure the proper version of the Evidence Processing Engine is installed on any Distributed Process machines
- Open FTK and start the job again
Note: If issue persists, the Evidence Processing User may be corrupt. Reach out to Exterro support for assistance in rebuilding the user in the database.
- Multiple versions of the Evidence Processing Engine are installed on the same PC. This is because the Processing Hosts from the different Processing Engines can interfere with each other during processing.
- The wrong version of the Distributed Processing Engine is installed.
- The EvidenceProcessingUser's permissions are corrupt