You run into one of the following issues when trying to lay down a new database with FTK/Lab 7.1:
- When trying to lay down a new database in PostgreSQL with FTK, it says database not found.
- When trying to lay down a new database in PostgreSQL with DBConfig, you get an error about missing assembly "System.ValueTuple".
- When trying to connect to an existing database in PostgreSQL with FTK, it says "A database could not be found at the specified location."
- When trying to lay down a new database in MSSQL with FTK, it prompts for a login but then throws "Preparation failed". The ADG database is created, but it's empty.
Neither "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" or "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319" contain System.ValueTuple.dll.
- Use DBControl to clean up any partially laid down database
- Download and install .NET Framework 4.7.2 Runtime
- Try to lay down the database again
Note: .NET 4.7.1 and 4.7.2 can also be installed via Windows Update.
Additional Note: .NET Framework may also be enabled in "Windows Features" by placing a checkmark next to that feature. Please see the screenshot below.
FTK/Lab 7.1 requires the System.ValueTuple assembly in .NET. This is included in .NET 4.7.1 and newer.