How can I install QView?
QView is a locally-installed client to connect to the Quin-C Service.
- A working installation of Forensic Tools
- A client machine with access to the Quin-C Service, typically over port 4443
- Get a copy of the QView installer, AccessData_QView.exe, from the Quin-C Server machine's bin\QView_installer folder (typically "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\[version]\bin\QView_Installer\")
Note: QView can also be downloaded from inside Quin-C by right-clicking any object in the Grid widget, then going to Qview and Download in the resulting context fly-out.
- Copy the installer to the client machine and run the installer
Note: When prompted for a "Path to check for install updates", leave it set to none unless you have a share where you will store all future QView installers
- Wait for the installation to finish, including any viewer installers that automatically run
- Launch QView from the Desktop shortcut or Start Menu entry
- At the QView Login dialog, do the following and click Login:
- If Quin-C is configured to use Integrated Windows Authentication, check Use Windows Authentication. Otherwise, enter your Username and Password.
- Enter the Base Url for your Quin-C server in the format http://[server]:[port] as shown below:
Note: Use https instead of http if Quin-C is configured to use SSL