The visualisation of geo-locations (EXIF metadata) stopped working in FTK 7.2, This was due to OpenStreetMaps changing the way to use the online map resources. To get around this new limitation AD development have provided a fix which requires replacing the visualization DLL and adding the URL to point to online mapserver. Please make backups on the existing DLL that is to be replaced (only required for 7.3, do not replace without approval from development), as well as a copy of the ftk.exe.config file. Please read the steps properly before making changes as the changes are dependant on the version of the installation being updated
1) Obtain copy of the ADG.visualization.dll Only required for 7.3 skip for all subsequent releases
2) Make backup copies of the existing ADG.Visualization.dll (only in the case of version 7.3) and ftk.exe.config (for all versions) files located in (replace x with the correct version)
C:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Tools\7.X\bin
3) Edit ftk.exe.config and add all the following lines in the case of versions 7.3, and 7.4 only. For 7.4.1, 7.4.2 and 7.5.1 skip step 3 and go to step 4
4) In the case of 7.4.1, 7.4.2 and 7.5.1 the section for the <appSettings> function already exits, copying all the line in step 3 will prevent FTK/LAB/ENT from starting up again as you would have duplicated the function, as such only the single line below needs to be inserted into the correct function.
5) If FTK/LAB/ENT was open you need to completely exit FTK, and start it up again.